Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Day

For Christmas this year, we stayed put. No luggage, airplanes, or travel. No family here. As Christmas approached, I started to worry that it would be a really sad day! It turns out that although we missed everyone, we had a really relaxing, peaceful day. It was great. I took 2 (yes, I really said TWO) hot baths (no photos) and finished almost 3 (short) books (The Christmas Sweater by Glen Beck was terrible, by the way). We played with toys, made some phone calls, ate a yummy dinner, and just relaxed.
The anticipation is growing... ready to see if Santa came?
He came!
Jackson was very practical with his requests: a sleeping bag, a new blue suitcase, a watch, etc. He still got a few good toys, though.
The kids LOVE Go Away Monster and the adults HATE IT! We have to play it all day, every day. It's not as bad as Candy Land, though. Thanks a lot, Natalie! (It helped though, when we were later mobbed by a swarm of bees. Madeline calmly said, "go away, bees" and wasn't afraid. How can you be afraid of anything else if you're not scared of monsters?)The big finale: Drum roll...A monster kitchen. Yes, the food is constantly everywhere, but the kids love it. Jackson says it was HIS favorite present, too, although the tag said Madeline.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you soooo much! Just wish you could have jumped on the airplane even at the last minute. It seems like the kids had a wonderful Christmas. That kitchen setup is the best one I have seen! Your tree looks beautiful. I feel the same way about looking at all the ornaments.

HalnJess said...

I love that Jackson enjoyed the kitchen!

Hey, and where did you find the molds for the nativity chocolates? I LOVE that idea!!

Your card was awesome - happy new year, guys!

Allison said...

Loved all of the new posts and pictures! Your kids (sniff) are growing up! I can't believe how big Madeline looks.

AJ said...

Nice work Santa! Those kids must have been GOOD. We too stayed home with no travel or guests. It was incredibly relaxing. BTW Reagan has 3 new poncho's, they were sure fun to make thanks for the pattern.

Shari said...

Doesn't it still feel like Christmas time...NO! Everytime I go to your blog and look for updates, I feel a bit like singing "we wish you a merry christmas". Did you get a new iphone that can take pictures???

Chandy said...

I love those gifts! Lisa loved playing something similar to the Go Away Monster. She was tired, that's for sure!