Saturday, July 31, 2010

What are we doing?

I know... a year away from blogging. Don't think I have any grandiose plans to keep this up - I just thought I'd do a little update. Here's a picture of our family today:

This was at a little kid's triathlon we did in our neighborhood today. Here are a couple of action shots:

We are having the best summer ever. Why? Not sure... maybe the kids are growing up and we can do more fun things without worrying about naps or strict mealtimes/ schedules or temper tantrums (at least in public). We have spent a lot of time at the pool, of course, and bike riding, and a trip to Hawaiian Falls and 6 flags, and summer movies, and shaved ice, and time with friends - just lots of fun times!! We haven't gone ANYWHERE, really, but I love having the kids out of school and being able to spend more time with them. Part of the enjoyment comes from the freedom of Saturdays off - no summer hours at work on weekends. It's like a perpetual vacation! I feel fall encroaching faster than I would like and I want to hold on to every day as tightly as I can and not let go.
.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Yay! You're back! I expect regular updates from now on. :)

marcus said...

Welcome back to blogging. And count our kids in for the triathalon as soon as they are old enough.

Chandy said...

Your kids are looking great! Actually your whole family looks great!