Sunday, March 30, 2008

New Park!



Our neighborhood association is putting up a park a block away from our house!! To save money, it is a do-it-yourself project. Jedd built the trash can on the left, the bench the kids are sitting on (oh, is something wrong?), the picnic benches, the climbing wall, and the roofs for the playground set. We are thrilled to have a great park so close! To raise money, families were asked to buy bricks with the inscription of their choice. Once the Fowers brick is in place, I'm sure it will become a popular landmark (kind of like a Hollywood Star) and we will expect visitors from far and wide.

The mulch hills turned into a "king of the mountain" and the kids were running up and rolling down... I think they are more fun than the playground and should just stay. Those black plastic things will be the playground border.



Jackson was testing out all the equipment. He was a big help...


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lisa said...

How wonderful for you! We'll definitely make the trip to see the Famous Fowers Monument!

Unknown said...

Oh man, now I REALLY wish we lived by you!
-Al

critts said...

I'm so excited you guys have a blog! Jedd just commented on Marcus' grilling tips so I found your address.

Way to go Jedd on helping to build the park! Now if only you could find a way to get the bench off the ground...

Stephanie said...

WOW! That playground looks great! What an awesome neighborhood you guys have!

I saw your comment on my blog... it was great seeing you on there! I went ahead and added your blog link to my page, hope you don't mind. :)

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

What a cool neighborhood you guys live in. It sound like neat things are always going on. We would love to come and see the brick when it is finished. Just let us know and we are there. When are you guys coming to St. George? We're lonely lately. We need a family fix :)