Saturday, July 12, 2008

More Utah fun... Deer Valley

Utah Vacation Part 3:
Oh, I love the mountains. There you have it. Why am I in Texas?? After all the ooohhing and aaahing for 3 days, I almost convinced Jedd to move back west - but not quite. The air smelled beautiful and it felt so good just to breathe. We spent 3 days at the base of Deer Valley, and this was truly restful and relaxing (did I mention the hot tub on our back porch?).


We rode the ski lift to the top of the mountain and had a picnic, then rode up and down the ski lifts for another couple of hours! It was amazing.


Of course we had to take a couple of hikes (and don't let these pictures fool you-Madeline insisted that I carry her massive weight on my back for most of the hike) and Jedd laughed at me every time I tried to smell a pine tree.


This is Madeline and Jackson in Park City trying to spy on any movie stars walking by.

1 comment:

critts said...

I love Utah and wish we could move to Park City every single time we visit. There is just nothing like being up in the mountains. I'm wishing I were there right now instead of in our 100+ degree heat here. PS - hot tub on the patio? Does life get any better than that?