I go back and forth between reading and crafting with my down time. The best crafts are fairly uncomplicated, hard to mess up, and look cute no matter how un-creative I am. I ran into a project the other day (thanks, Stephanie!) that looked adorable and seemed pretty easy, so I dove into the realm of children's clothing. Not too painful, actually! I love how this twirly skirt with matching shirt turned out so much that now I might be addicted. I'm already scouring the internet for more trendy fabric.

Here's a link if you want to make your own:
http://spenceandkath.blogspot.com/2008/04/more-twirly-skirtsand-shirts.htmlinstructional:
http://houseonhillroad.typepad.com/photos/twirly_skirt/by the way, this instructional makes it so amazingly easy, I didn't even rip out one seam. That is saying A LOT for me!
13 comments:
Finally, we're getting back to that pioneer spirit and making our own clothes. The point of this whole thing is saving money, right? To help offset high gas prices? Anybody with me here? -Jedd
pretty darn cute. is there anything you CAN'T do Dr. Fowers?
Down time?! What the heck is that? That's adorable, but she looks so much like her daddy, it's a little disconcerting to see Jedd in a skirt. :)
Go ahead and start on some for Lucy when you have more of that magical down time.
That is soooooo cute! Thanks for including the website. Did I mention it is going to be so fun making little girl clothes?!
Very cute! I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow and will pick up some fun pieces. I have decided to learn to make a quilt...patchwork, hand stitch, the whole thing! Wish me luck.
you beet me to it! My MIL is going to teach me how to make skirts for my girls! Now maybe with the website, I can teach myself! It is so cute by the way! And tell Jed it's not getting back to pioneer days.. it's just another "crafty crafters club" adventure!! :) Love ya, and miss ya lots!!!
Jeni
Madeline looks adorable in the darling outfit you made, Michelle. I would have never guessed that you made it. You'll have to tell me more about the applique process you did on the shirt. Looks like a rick-rack stem. I love the color!
I LOVE how it all turned out! I guess I'm going to have to get crackin' and learn to sew! Maybe you can teach me how to make these at the next crafty crafters club convention? When is it?!
Just want to note that the "word verification" I just did was a.)not a word, and b.)the longest word verification ever. Pretty sure I typed every letter in the alphabet. Twice.
The skirt is so cute! I am so impressed Michelle! And PS - I didn't know that you read House on Hill Road. I'm addicted to her blog.
ADORABLE!! Good job Michelle! Madeline is looking so much older too...have I really been gone that long?
HEY!!! Okay, I'm obviously a little slow and just came upon your blog!! YAY! I'm doing a happy dance over here right now to "O Canada."
I LOVE this cute little outfit. I tried a patchwork skirt on Kya a while ago and I absolutely loved putting it together. Now I have a link to your amazing creative juices - I'M ON IT!!
And Jedd, you have the best pioneer woman around.
WOW! that is so adorable! you wanna join our blogshop?! jk Im sure being a Dr. pays better. Anyway, love the outfit! There is a place here in SA called "MEMORIES BY THE YARD" where I get all my cute fabrics for my wipees that has EVERYTHING you can think of! All the cute modern stuff. Im gonna take a sewing class just because I want to make dresses for Olivia with all the cute fabric I have!
Post a Comment