Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fundering

I was out running yesterday and the heavens opened on me. Jedd lovingly refers to these Texas storms as "Gully washers". I was caught in a thundering gully washer. Jackson was at home and reportedly was very concerned. "Is mommy going to get fundered?" He kept watching out the window anxiously. "I don't want her to get fundered! I love her so much!"

How sweet. The kids hugged me like I had been gone for a few weeks when I came in drenched - they were so relieved.

Fortunately, I didn't get fundered. Or lightninged.

4 comments:

Chandy said...

LOL, now that's a word you need to turn into Merriam-Webster! So cute! I'm glad you didn't get fundered either! ;-D

Becca said...

Oh how sweet! I love that:) See even if he gets upset with you...remember these days when he was so worried about you:)

Mary said...

So funny! Ty calls it, 'Witening,' so whenever he sees rain it all falls into that category. Me: "See, Ty, it's raining outside." Him: "Witening." Me: "Do you hear the thunder, Ty?" Him: "Hear witening." Yep he gets it. Kind of.

kjkabm said...

That's too funny! Glad your kiddos care about you.. Jed was probably just secretly laughing inside :)