I decided to go for a run the next day and ran into the 3 mean geese. The biggest was clearly the leader of the gang and saw me encroaching on his turf. With their meanest geese honks, they stood up tall and ruffled out their feathers and let me know they meant business while they marched toward me. I wasn't too scared, knowing that 5 year-olds could scare them off, so I charged them. By myself. I guess I'm not very scary, because they charged me back. I turned around and ran off like the frightened little girl I was. The big mean bully goose came after me and bit me on the thigh. FOR REAL!! I had a big black bruise for a week. I was so mad I found a big stick on my run and came back after the big mean bullies waving it at them. They stayed away and I passed the pond without incurring further injury.
Jedd and his parents are still laughing about the thought of me running off in terror and the big goose getting a piece of my leg. They told me later that giving them bread makes them nice. Now I'll have to carry around bread when I go running to protect me from mean geese gangs.
4 comments:
Hi Michelle - That's hilarious! Sounds like something I would do! Hey, email me any time. I'd be happy to share recipes and hints for freezing food with you. It's really easy and you'd be surprised at how many different things freeze well! noellemcfarland@sbcglobal.net
Michelle, Iam sorry but I have to laugh along with the in laws and Jed...he, he.. I am sorry you got bullied by a pack of wild geese! :)
I can sympathize! When I was 3 (and geese were about my height) I was bit on the shoulder. To this day, I still stay away from geese.
You certainly have some funny adventures. Remember to stash emergency bread whenever you're near a pond. You never know where the next gang of mean geese will stop by! Lol
Post a Comment