I still love to do all those things I grew up doing in Colorado - hiking, biking, running, etc. 5 years ago I bought a bike at a garage sale. I rode it a couple times, then pregnancies and babies happened and the bike just sat and collected dust. Jedd finally constructed a bike lever system in the garage to get the bike up and out of the way.Until last weekend.
We knew that rear baby seats are not very safe and bike trailers are too big and bulky to take anywhere (and kids hate them because they are hot and can't see anything). This front carrier, made from IBERT, claims to be much safer than the rear seats and is WAY more fun and less cumbersome than the trailers. We LOVE IT! Madeline loves her perch, I love not pushing a heavy stoller, and Jackson loves that I can keep up with him. What a fun way to get some exercise.
I've had more use out of my bike in the past week than I did in the past 5 years. Perfect timing for the upcoming cooler weather! I love October in Texas. We went on a 1 1/2 mile ride at the nature preserve last week and had a blast. Jackson is surprisingly strong on the hills. He attributes this to eating lots chicken, fruit and vegetables. (I'm not sure which of the 2 vegetables he's eaten the past 2 months has helped...) He also claims that even though cupcakes are not good for building muscles, you HAVE to eat them at birthdays. Perhaps there is a law?
P.S. Never fear, I now have a helmet too and we found a girly pink helmet for Madeline.
6 comments:
How fun, Michelle. Just wish you could ride on the Highline Canal trail with the kids. What a unique ride for Madeline, too. I wonder if it is hard to steer the bike with her there. Makes me want to get out the bike.
How fun! Me, I would probably biff it on a bike :) But I have been running the past few months.. and I miss the nature preserve! That would be a way better run than behind the houses/along the canal in my neighborhood. But I miss you guys more!! More than the park I mean :) Keep up the fun times!
Love, Jen
I love the front seat idea! We do the bike trailer and so far so good!
Ok, can I tell you that I laughed OUT LOUD reading your geese post! I have been attacked by geese since I was two. Seriously. I am totally feeling your pain!! Last attack was back in college and the sucker chased me down, I lost my sandal, fell, and the thing went for my face!!! It was like a horror movie in slow motion!!
Needless to say, I'm liking the stick idea...
(hey, and no picture of the cruised thigh????? haha!)
*bruised
I haven't seen the seat in front before. I recently bought a bike and Isabel is in the typical rear seat. She loves going for rides on the trails near our home and loves when we go fast!!
I'm going to have to check out that bike attachment! We need one! Looks like you guys are having tons of fun.
Post a Comment