Thanks, Rachel, for the great idea.We took the kids with us when voted this year, and of course they wanted to vote too. So now we have started the tradition of election night (this year, the night after) dinner voting. Even Madeline figured out to scribble in the box she wanted. Turns out Jedd's candidates lost in tonight's election too.
A re-cap: Spaghetti and Pizza were tied, but the kids lobbied until they swung my vote (despite extra labor and dishes) to spaghetti. Corn and Ice cream easily won 3-1 (sorry, Jedd) and we solved the 2-2 tie for Grapes and Strawberries by serving b0th.
Jackson enjoyed the math part of tabulating the votes, but was concerned at how to solve the tie issue. I tried to explain about Hanging Chads, but all I got was a blank stare.
Anyway, the kids wolfed down dinner and now we've started a new tradition (not to mention reinforcing the value of voting). Hopefully they won't think they get a say in dinner EVERY night.
What do you think, is Pizza republican or democrat?
2 comments:
Good idea!
Hmmm, toppings spread evenly to each piece by the pizza maker, definitely dem.
I like that; I do something similare on first day of school's, what to have for Thanksgiving and Christmas since it's mostly just the five of us and Ian has his food allergies. Hooray for food elections!
Post a Comment